Monday, June 2, 2008

New trails

My new favorite trail at Glacier Ridge Park winds in and out of wooded areas. I enjoy being out in the sun one moment, and the next, shrouded in the filtered light and softness of the green carpet and ceiling.
Friday after work I decided to have another run at the trail. I don't know the exact reason, but I felt like I had strapped 50 pound weights on my shoulders. Everyone who has ever done repetitive workouts can attest to the fact that most of the time, the workout is good- need a bit of warm up, but then you can move along. There are also the rare occasions when the stars align and you feel like you have wings and you can go and go. And THEN there are the times like Friday where I just couldn't get going. It was very windy, and this trail is very open in spaces, so that took more effort. But the small hills that I usually can blade fairly easily were bringing me to a stop and there was no glide.
So after a half hour I gave in and went back to the car, acknowledging that at least I got a half hour and assuring myself that, yes, it must have been the wind. But I'll be back!

No comments: