Monday, June 9, 2008

In the garden

Yeehaa! I can head out into the garden and work for hours if I want to...What is it I wanted to do today? Let's see, the area around the clematis needs weeded and some mulch put down, and those irises I bought still need to be planted- and so do the lavender. I think I'll put the irises in the side yard by the daisies but where to plant the lavender.....Oh, that's right: I also should feed my little impatiens. They're doing well, but could use a little boost- and I can't forget to water the hanging baskets. It's already hot out and it's only 9AM. It looks like the foam flowers and Jacob's ladder is happy. They are so beautiful. Thank you flowers for making the garden so bright. How are you guys, my little forget-me-nots? Doing OK in your new spot? Oh shoot- the rain knocked the peony flowers down and they're all mushy. Oh yeah, before I go in I need to give the birds some fresh water and I think the feeder hanging under the dogwood is empty.......

No comments: