Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bailey

Jim and I were at Glacier Ridge last weekend on a beautiful early summer morning. In addition to paved trails for us hoomans (LOL cat-speak) there is a nice bridle trail as well. Bailey and his fellow horses and their riders were also enjoying the fresh air. Bailey and I don't know each other, but he seemed quite willing to pose for this picture before ambling along the trail and his riders were kind enough to wait as well. I promised them Bailey would be a famous horse, and here he is, out on the web.
I have come to a new way of thinking about animals knowing that our rabbits are prey. They don't like being chased and fear sudden motion because such movements carry the danger of being eaten in the wild. Horses are also prey animals. They are herbivores, so not predators like dogs and cats, and I understand better now why they are skittish at times. It's hard to think of an animal this large being a prey animal, but there it is. Happy trails, Bailey!

2 comments:

Shakespere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shakespere said...

Hi. I enjoyed your blog. It's nice to reflect on the simple things that make life so great.