Friday, June 6, 2008

Beautiful Music

Julie, my younger (I can't say "little" any more as she is in her 40s) sister, is a budding pianist. Our grandma, Alice, played the piano most of her life. Grandma's style was more honky tonk, although she did play for many church services. When Grandma died, Julie inherited the piano, and it is the one she has been using until just recently. This is my sister's new piano, and she is very excited to continue her musical pursuits with this lovely instrument. I admire my sister's dedication to learning- I tried lessons once but didn't have the patience. In the past year or so, Julie has called me to share her music. I am serenaded over the phone, and I enjoy these mini-concerts very much. It warms my heart that she can play so well, but most of all because she seeks me out to share her talents. Thank you Julie. and Bravo!!!

No comments: