Thursday, June 12, 2008

Flowers are people too

I have come to realize in the past couple of days that I have an emotional investment in the flowers growing in our yard. I either planted the seeds in the dirt or brought the plants to my garden and they depend on me, especially when they are young, to provide for them until they are established~ kind of like my kids!
Maybe it's part of the reason why tending to the garden isn't a chore; I enjoy caring for the little plants and watching as they grow and flower. Especially my little impatiens I grew from seed make me happy as I see them spreading, growing new leaves and stems and producing flowers. By mid summer they will be bright and colorful. This peony was inherited from the previous owners. It had been planted in the backyard where, unfortunately Lady and Winnie were able to walk on it. Since I moved it to a protected spot in the side yard it has happily blossomed every spring.

No comments: