Friday, August 31, 2007

I am ready for some football!

It begins! Another OSU Buckeye football season is starting and I'm sitting here in my OSU polo shirt with my OSU earrings watching the time to the game tick down on my OSU watch!!
Tomorrow, I will join the throngs of Buckeye football fans as we gather in the 'shoe for the first game of the season. The streets around campus will be rivers of scarlet and grey shirts and hats and buckeye necklaces on fans of all ages.
But the absolutely best part (I have goosebumps as I think of it) is when the announcer says, :And now, Ladies and Gentleman, the Pride of the Buckeyes, the Ohio State University Marching Band" and out from the tunnel marches, in perfect unison, the Best Damn Band in the Land!! Through the ranks of the band members, the drum major runs onto the field, takes a stance and touches the plume of his hat on the ground behind him in a backbend and off they go down the field with the crowd on their feet and cheering. The noise is deafening and it is WONDERFUL!!! Soon after, the team swarms onto the field and the crowd erupts again in support of our Buckeyes.
Being a part of the Buckeye nation is something I treasure and I'll sing the alma mater with all my heart along with all my fellow OSU alums. And to Karen Holbrook, may she never set foot on OSU soil again, all I can say is, "You were among us, but certainly not with us and that is your loss".
Welcome back Gordon Gee!! We missed you!!
Go Bucks!!

No comments: