Saturday, January 3, 2009

In Love

Hard as it is to believe, it has been 25 years since I held a newborn who was "my" baby and felt that overwhelming love for this little person. My little grandson has brought that baby love back into my life. It is a total joy to hold him against my heart and to smell his sweet baby head under my chin. When we pick him up, his little bottom sticks out as he tucks his legs under him and it is just the cutest thing ever. I love watching him drink his bottle, his small hands curled next to his face as his little cheeks work away.
Today Jim and I got to watch him while his daddy worked and Heidi got a few hours sleep, as Mr. Kayden is playing his newborn role quite well, sleeping soundly all day and reserving awake or fussy times for the night hours.
Now it is my child instead of me who walks the floor at 3AM. I have been promoted to Gramma status and I am loving every minute.

No comments: