Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sam's First Christmas

Sam Adams celebrated his first Christmas and I think he really had a good time. He liked wrestling under the tree with any of the cats who would play with him. His fun times are total entertainment for us. At 7 months, he still is very much a kitten at heart and still has his baby face. To him, everything is a toy, whether it is a dead brown leaf that came in with the collies, or a little rabbit poop he has managed to coax out of the bunny pen. I was watching him play one day by hiding the bunny poop under an area rug, then pouncing and reaching under to retrieve it. Nell, his older "sister" loves to play in tissue paper, so I always have sheets of tissue upstairs on the floor. Nell's idea of tissue fun it to hide in it until I "find" her. Sam, on the other hand, is Mr. Destructo and pretty much rips it to shreds. (As Jim says, "Boys will be boys.") Another Sam specialty is climbing on top of the bunny pen and lying on his abdomen with all 4 legs hanging down through the wire. From this perch he can amuse himself watching the rabbits and trying to swat (aka play with) them if they climb on top of the cardboard "condo" in their cage.
Occasionally at night he will wander up beside me on the bed, and stretch out with his front legs under my nose on the pillow and his small face next to mine. I can feel his little kitten breaths on my cheek and I listen to him purr until gradually he falls asleep. I think this is the best time of all.

No comments: