Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sing!

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to Birdie,
Happy birthday to me!!

Yep, today is my 49th birthday and I am all about celebrating. I have been given the marvelous gift of walking this green earth for thousands of days. I can walk, talk, sing (just not very well) and dance, hug my loved ones, do my job, enjoy my children growing up.
It's true, what I have heard, that as a person lives through their 40's, they reach the point where they know who they are, know what's important, and aren't willing to put up with as much crap as they once did- at least that is true for me. I like this age. It's also true that I don't feel older than I did at 25 or 35. I still like to run and skip, play in the snow and roller blade. I hope that I can continue to do all that stuff for many years. And as the years pass, I hope that I grow in wisdom, humility and compassion as I journey through this life, growing my soul.
Here's to life! (Photo courtesy of The Nature Conservancy) Thanks for the BD card Lovie!

No comments: