Thursday, December 20, 2007

A simple pleasure

Every morning, sometime shortly after getting out of bed and starting to feed the animals, either Jim or I make coffee. It's usually done brewing by the time the cat food, dog treats (for going outside to use the doggy "facilities"), and rabbit hay, pellets and banana slices are distributed. That first sip of nice hot coffee (usually Caribou) is so delicious and warm and nice. And almost every day, except for the occasional Christmas mug, I use my bird mug. It was a gift several years ago from Jim and has a variety of feeder birds all sitting along a clothes line- Cardinals, Chickadees and the like. Inside near the rim there is a little humming bird flying around. There's something comforting about using my bird mug every morning. It's such a simple thing, but it starts my day off just right- even if my last 1/4 cup is always cold!

No comments: