Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Friends

These folks are my friends, Kurt and Leah. They live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest amongst the ferns and cedars and not far at all from majestic snow capped mountains. If the earth had more people like these two, well, it would be a different place. A kinder, better place.
So, Kurt and Leah, here's to you and to just a few of the things about you that are so special to me.
Thank you for valuing simplicity; in a fast, complicated world, you remind me to take a deep breath, to look around and see the art in small things. Thank you for your advocacy of peace and for being green; that's not always easy. I'm sure you know, but I look up to you as models of who I want to be. Thank you for the gift of your friendship over the past 10 years. I love you both!!

No comments: