Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wild Violets

Cost of a Birdie gas fillup: $42 + Beautiful spring morning = Riding my bike to work today.
There were violets everywhere: purple and pink were on Mother Nature's chosen palette this May morning, with pink Dogwoods along the path in the woods. As I rode along, a red-tailed hawk's flight path took him directly overhead and reminded me how big those birds are. I was thankful at that moment to be a big human instead of a mouse or bird.
Every spring at the wetlands sanctuary, a goose- I assume it's a mom and maybe the same mom- nests at the top of a hillock island in the pond with one tree at the top providing shade. I had hoped to see and photograph her this morning, but the little hill was vacant as I went past. If I was a goose mom, I think I would choose that spot for a nest too. Happy May Day!

No comments: