Thursday, May 15, 2008

Joy! Joy!! Charlie's back!

My bunny buddy has bounced back and is the happy guy he usually is. Even as late as yesterday afternoon I still was very concerned, as he didn't want his afternoon meal of greens and pellets. We have an appointment at 10:30 this morning which I am happily going to cancel!
He did eat some hay yesterday afternoon, and was leaving bunny poops in the cage- good things- but he still wasn't acting normally. I gave him extra orchard grass, which he seemed to like, and bought dandelion greens last evening- a favorite of all the bunns'- and he really liked those too. And this morning, when I opened his cage, he came running out just like old times, for his banana. He did 'thump' when I walked toward him, which is the way rabbits express fear or distress, by stamping their back feet hard, but I think he was just afraid that we were going to do more "bad things" to make him better. When I left the house, he and Stuart were flopped together in their cage in a post prandial pellet nap. It's a good day.

No comments: