Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Welcome April, Welcome Tabitha

March is over: let the green begin! Even I, winter soul that I am, have had enough of cold air, brown tree limbs, and overcast winter skies. Bring on the sunshine, the warm spring breezes, and the soft green new growth as all the plants awaken. In the past few days I have begun my gardening and yard work for the year, making my first gleeful trip to the garden center for some pansies, which are now planted in a little bowl on the front porch. The flower beds need leaves and last year's dead flower stalks cleared away. As I worked on this little chore last evening, under every handful of sodden, brown leaves, I saw little sprigs of green peeking through the soil.
Welcome spring...and welcome Tabitha!! This little fireball joined our furry family a few weeks ago. She was residing in a pet store where her rescue agency had located her, hoping someone would adopt her. I am Someone. Tabby is a pretty, petite one year old with a beautiful, swirly pattern of black and tawny brown. She has made the transition of meeting all the other cats, dogs and rabbits and no longer feels the need to hiss at them. She and Sam have become, if not good buddies, then at least playmates, chasing each other through the house at lightning speeds and sounding more like a herd of cattle than 2 small felines. Of all the cats, she is-so far-the most independent, feeling no need to be petted or to sit in a lap. At least she seems to be comfortable now in her new home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Birdie Schneider said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will certainly have a look at your blog.