Thursday, April 3, 2008

By the sea

When I made the trip to Australia last September, spring was in full bloom.
While walking near the beach, I noticed this brave, beautiful patch of flowers nestled behind the protection of these rocks. Sweet little patches of bright fuchsia; an awesome, mighty sea.
Probably by now these flowers are long faded, for just as we welcome our time for spring, Queensland summer is fading into Autumn. The whales who breached all around us in the bright, sunny Hervey Bay are now far *north in the Arctic waters. I think of them often and wish them safety.
* My favorite editor pointed out that the whales are north this time of year, or at least not in Antarctica. Typical of me to be switched in my directions. It's a trait I have grown to accept...sigh...

No comments: