Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Bird

Six years ago, for the first time, I bought the car that I wanted- a Beetle with a sunroof. Originally my plans were to get a red or yellow beetle, but Birdy was there with her bright green color and sunroof and the rest is history. I love my car. She and I have traveled over 50,000 miles together in the 6 years I've owned her. We've received lots of compliments (What a fun car!) and have had lots of little kids point at us as we go by. As all 2002 Beetles do, Birdy has a built-in flower vase on the dash and I always make sure she has pretty seasonal silk flowers. There is also a crystal butterfly suspended on a cord from the rear view mirror who flies all over when we go around corners. Some people think Beetles are bad in snow, but she has never stuck me once in all the years I've had her. Most recently she saw little Jessie and me safely down the West Virginia mountains in the dark while semis raced beside us going at least 80 miles per hour. I trust my little car. As I've said to Jim, there is no way I will EVER let anyone else own her, nor will she ever see a junkyard while I am alive. So I guess if the time comes when she can't hit the road anymore, we will have a big green flowerpot in the back yard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.