Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring is here

All along the Olentangy River bike trail, beautiful forsythia are in bloom, and the splashes of bright yellow are everywhere.
I think often of my little Jessie, who never got to know a spring time here. There are lots of bad things about this earth, but surely spring must be one of the most beautiful gifts our Creator gave us. And so, at least in my heart, I take Jessie with me on my rollerblading trips. I wear my heart with his name engraved on it and a tiny bit of his ashes, and as I blade along, I see all there is to see for him with my eyes and then send them to him, knowing that he has springtime every day.

2 comments:

Michael J. Maxwell said...

Your picture of your forsythia in bloom is beautiful -- how do you get such clear pictures??

I will keep little Jessie in my thoughts and prayers. During his all too short life, he certainly had a loving home.
MJM

Birdie Schneider said...

MJM,
A good camera, thanks to Kurt Smith's suggestion!