Friday, September 21, 2007

Late Summer Harvest

My garden this summer has been a busy place and I'm happy about that.
We've had lots of bees, some humming birds, and many monarch butterflies visit the flowers and the activity shows no sign of stopping yet. Although we are now into middle September, we are still having very warm, sunny weather. The time of year is approaching when I look forward to a bit less yard work- at least weeding and watering. Next will be the major job of raking all of the oak leaves from the giant old tree in the backyard. I actually enjoy that, especially because the leaves have that wonderful autumn fragrance. The collies are already starting to bring fallen leaves in that have stuck to the fur on their legs. While I continue to enjoy the bees and flowers, I am longing for cool autumn weather and all the gifts that time of year brings.

No comments: