Friday, September 7, 2007

Go away, summer.

It was sunny and hot (in the 90's) when I took this picture at the side of our house. Having said that, I am now going to whine, so read the following in a whiny voice: I'm tired of hot and sunny!! Tired of it! I want cool weather. I want to turn off the AC and sleep with the windows open and need a blanket!! WAAWAA!!
I usually listen to our FM radio station (97.1, Classically Columbus) while driving. Our morning host has come close on several occasions to me climbing into the radio and shaking him when he lauds another hot day. "It's going to be 95 and sunny, so enjoy it while you can." AGGHHH!! Most Columbus folk complain when it's less than 70 degrees. They like snow from December 24th at noon until December 26th at sunrise but then they want it gone. I, on the other hand, welcome cool weather and would be happy if it snowed 5 feet the first day of winter, stayed 28 degrees or less from December through March, and all the ponds and lakes froze and stayed frozen like they used to when I was a kid. We used to spend as much time in winter ice skating on a pond near our house as we did swimming in the summer. I love sweaters and fires in the fireplace and cold wind on my face.
Being the cold weather person I am, I usually tolerate summer OK until about August. But by then, I am tired of coming in from working in the yard or exercising absolutely soaked in sweat. And given that it is now September 7 and it has been in the 90's every day this week, I am getting pretty grouchy. There is hope, though. It's supposed to rain and cool off this weekend. Maybe we've seen the last of 90 degrees until next summer.
I'm done whining now.

No comments: