Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Birthday Celebration

For many years I have planned to celebrate my 50th birthday big. To me, a cruise is very big- all you could ask for in relaxation. So, on January 24, Jim and I flew from home for Miami, where we boarded the ship Carnival Liberty. We cast off at around 5PM, heading south to the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Upon entering out stateroom, I discovered streamers and signs shouting "Happy BD" in bright red, blue and yellow. Jim had planned this prior to our arrival. As noted in the photo, even before seeing our room, a priority for me was having one of those drinks with the little paper umbrella- synonymous for "Yeehaa- VACATION!" And so we were off for a week of R&R, reading books, visiting ports of call, and having more drinks with little paper umbrellas.

No comments: