Friday, August 29, 2008

So happy to see you

As I was blading (Or at least trying...Wet pavement and lots of leaves and sticks on the trail) I noted that the colors for today were yellow and purple. This little bee apparently thought the pickings were better on the purple flower and was so absorbed in working that she didn't notice me- or wasn't bothered.
I have read some really good books about bees. My favorite, by Sue Hubbell, is called, strangely enough, A Book of Bees. It is a fun and interesting account of her work as a bee keeper. She describes and illustrates, in a folksy manner, the parts of a hive and explains the process of keeping the bees happy and obtaining the honey. Even if you have no interest in keeping bees yourself, it's a great book and I highly recommend it! Now I am going to have a piece of bread with honey.

No comments: