Sunday, October 4, 2009

Of Tears

And I know there'll be no more....Tears in heaven
~ Eric Clapton

Tears ~ How could we go on without them? There is a connection between the human heart and the flow of salty drops from our eyes that defies explanation. Both the greatest joy and the most piercing sorrow find expression in tears.
How unkind it would be to permit the intensity of feelings encountered in a lifetime without also providing the ability to weep!
I think of times in my life when happiness filled my heart and times when the pain of loss seemed more than I could bare; times of hearing beautiful music or seeing earth's loveliness; times, as well, of intense anger at injustice or cruelty. At each of these moments in my journey, I give thanks that my eyes knew how to weep, releasing emotions too great to be contained.

No comments: