Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mischief wrapped in orange fur

It's a lovely, cool Sunday morning- the last day of May. Having spent nearly all day yesterday weeding, digging, tilling and planting, I thought I would blog about flowers, or gardening, or early Sunday mornings in the garden.
As I sat down to compose said blog, life intervened in the person of Ernie. With rapt attention he followed the cursor as it moved over the screen, climbing from my lap to beside my lap to on top of the keyboard so that I had to peer around him to see what I was doing. He made multiple lunges at the screen- planning to attack, kill and eat the cursor, no doubt. One of these attempts resulted in the O, 9, and P keys flying loose from their positions onto the couch. Having replaced them, I decided that the flower blog could wait for another day.
Now that I'm finished, he's sleeping quietly on my lap, and we both are enjoying a quiet Sunday morning.

No comments: