Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fancy Easter Baby


Kayden was Mr. Baby GQ on his first Easter, dressed to the nines. He had an Easter basket with a fuzzy white chicken- bunny and a new rattle, and was a great success hunting eggs.

Once upon a time about 27 years ago, I dressed my little boy in his first Easter outfit. Peter was about 2 months old and had a yellow terry cloth sleeper with a little white tail and a bib with "My First Easter" embroidered on it. Back in those days, there were no gathers on the legs of paper diapers. Baby poop had a tendency to shoot right out the side, which is exactly what happened about 5 minutes after Peter was all dressed to go. Somehow I had enough time to remove his poopy- legged outfit and throw it in the washer before we left to show him off. I pulled it from the dryer, dressed him again, and we were off. As I recall, we did actually get to have a few pictures with Grandma and Grandpa before a repeat diaper failure occurred. Say what you want about the "good old days", but I think gathered leg diapers make today a better place.

No comments: