Sunday, March 2, 2008

Missing Jessie

This has been a hard week; we miss our little buddy. We each bought a small pendant- Jim a silver cross and me a gold heart- each with Jessie's name engraved. The pendants are special in that each holds a small amount of his ashes. Friday the vet office called to let me know Jessie's ashes had been returned to them. After work I went there for the first time since he died, not wanting to leave them there overnight. They were returned to us in a small wooden box with his name engraved on a little plate. The fur we had asked them to save for us was also there in a little baggie, and someone had made a paw print impression for us in white putty. We have printed every picture we had of him and framed a few of them. 
In there own way, each of these little things is comforting. I frequently visualize Jessie running and playing like any other little kitten. I want to believe that somehow these "visions" are from him, letting me know he is ok. In my heart, I know he is. But still I miss him and would give anything to hold him again.

No comments: