Monday, June 25, 2007

For a friend

These goose youngsters were hanging out with their parents at a beautiful golf course last Wednesday. I had the pleasure of spending a day on the course with members of my work department with the official duty of taking pictures of our crowd golfing.
This was fine with me for two reasons. First, I tend to avoid any sport which requires use of ball. Second, I have my new camera to play with! While I did perform my duties as assigned and took lots of pictures of the golfers, I still had plenty of time to seek out the birds in the air and on the ground.
And so today I wanted to share this photo of young geese having a good time with (hopefully) many good bird years ahead. Maybe seeing a picture so full of life will help ease my friend's pain about the death of one of his birds.

No comments: